If you are on Facebook, be sure to stop by the Relationship Homeschooling page, click on “like” at the top of the page, and share your ideas for building great relationships with your children! Invite all your friends and challenge them with the Basic Tenets of Relationship Homeschooling. Their children will thank you!!!
The Basic Tenets f Relationship Homeschooling
1. A relationship homeschooler embraces two great commandments: Loving the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and loving your neighbor as yourself. She believes that upon these two commands hang all the law and the prophets.
2. A relationship homeschooler knows that these commands are fulfilled as the “one anothers” of Scripture are put into practice in their homes, churches, and communities. She values her husband and her children as precious brothers and sisters in Christ, understanding that those are the relationships that will be carried with her into eternity.
3. A relationship homeschooler seeks to be obedient to the Word of God, thus becoming a living example to her children. She believes that Jesus Christ alone is her Savior and desires to live in the truth of that fact, trusting only in His mercy and grace for her salvation.
4. A relationship homeschooler trusts that a sovereign God is working not only in her own life but in the lives of her children, calling each of them into a relationship with Jesus Christ and is giving each of them an individual calling in which to use their own gifts. To that end, a relationship homeschooler seeks to help her children identify and use those gifts for God’s glory alone.
5. A relationship homeschooler sees her own household as the beginning point in fulfilling the great commandments but certainly not the end in itself. She joyfully recognizes that loving her neighbor means loving all of those in need and seeks to imprint that vital truth in the lives of her children as they work together to apply all the relationship principles to the ends of the earth.