This was taken abut 25 years ago!
The outward appearance is only a reflection of the change the Lord did in my heart!
“Researcher George Barna’s study on teens reveals many truths that moms need to understand. In interviewing young people from assorted backgrounds, he found that 75% of them felt that they were very close to their mothers and that as many gave her an “A” in parenting. In fact, less than 6% gave mom a “C” or lower on the mom final! However, the high grades do not reflect everything about their relationships and over 30% of them thought there were things they would like to have changed but didn’t entertain the idea of doing so because they didn’t ever see their moms changing!
In pondering why this is, especially when it comes to Christian homeschooling moms, I think we have besetting sins that drive our attitudes and that keep us from change. Sometimes those sins are part of the baggage we brought into our homeschooling journey. Sometimes they come about through the lack of discernment when it comes to approaching the Word of God. Usually conviction comes to us through experiencing the consequences of the emotional, physical, or spiritual damage our words or actions are inflicting on those we love. If we are in the 70% of those moms who are willing to change and honestly look at the choices we make in raising our children, we have taken the first step of receiving God’s grace in parenting. If we are in the other 30%, we must recognize that anything that falls short of practicing the one anothers of Scripture quickly becomes idolatry.” from The Joy of Relationship Homeschooling ~ when the one anothers come home